- Eastlake High School, Otay Ranch High School and Olympian High School ranked in the top 9% nationally – U.S. News and World Report during Jim Cartmill’s service as Sweetwater Union High School District President in 2013.
- Jim Cartmill supports a four-year university near Olympic Training Center and will work with the community and legislators to make it happen.
- Jim Cartmill believes in local education control – opposes Federal Common Core Curriculum mandates.
- Eastlake Middle School and Rancho Del Rey Middle School were both named California Distinguished Schools under Jim Cartmill’s leadership.
- Support Visual & Performing Arts and Sports – Jim Cartmill has been recognized by the South Bay Alliance for Arts Education for working to keep the arts in our schools.
- Jim Cartmill was a winning coach in the Sweetwater Union High School District coaching All-American and Nationally-Ranked Athletes. He knows the importance of athletics in our schools to motivate students to succeed.
Financial Accountability – Protecting Taxpayer Dollars
- Jim Cartmill stopped Mello Roos Tax Increases as President of the Sweetwater School Board in 2013
- The Sweetwater District received recognition for school bond transparency in 2013.
- Jim Cartmill stopped the practice of Bond Fund Borrowing for district expenses during his term as President of the school board last year.
- Jim Cartmill supports a Forensic Audit of school district finances to increase transparency.
- Jim Cartmill knows what it means to meet a payroll and was named Small Business Owner of the Year by the California Small Business Association.
- Safe Schools – Jim Cartmill developed partnership with Chula Vista Police to provide sworn police officers at Eastlake High, Olympian High, Otay Ranch High, Rancho Del Rey Middle and Eastlake Middle to increase student and staff safety.
- Jim Cartmill opposes “open enrollment” that is causing overcrowding at Eastlake High School, Olympian High School and Otay Ranch High School as well as Eastlake Middle School and Rancho Del Rey Middle School.
- Jim Cartmill opposes elimination of bus routes that jeopardize student safety.
Please Vote for Jim Cartmill – Supported by thousands of Teachers, Parents, Community Leaders and Residents.